Visit our recipes collection page now to grab these great recipes!
The American classic of pecan pie and there a different versions of making it and here is one.
1 Cup plain flour
2 tbsp water, approximately
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/4 cups(125g) pecan nuts
3/4 cup light corn syrup or glucose syrup
30g butter, melted
1. Sift the flour into a food processor and add the butter and mix together to form bread crumbs. Then add water to make ingredients cling together. (Or alternatively, sift flour into a bowl and rub in the butter. Add enough water to make ingredients cling together.) Press dough into a ball and knead gently on lightly floured surface until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Roll the dough on a lightly floured surface large enough to line a 24cm round loose based flan tin. Lift pastry into tin gently and trim edges if necessary.
3. Place tin on oven tray and line pastry with paper and fill with dried beans or rice. Bake on a temperature of 200 degrees (or 180 degrees for fan force) for 10 minutes. Remove paper and beans and bake further for 10 minutes or until pastry is lightly browned; cool.
4. Filling: Combine eggs, corn syrup, sugar, butter and nuts in bowl and mix well.
5. Pour filling into pastry case and bake at 160 degrees (or for fan force 140 degrees) for 55 minutes or until set; cool.
American Food Recipe Search Engine
Please copy and paste the recipe keyword phrase American Food Recipe into the search box below: