Visit our recipes collection page now to grab these great recipes!
Chocolate Easter Eggs
There is nothing better than making your own homemade chocolate Easter eggs to give away.
150g carob or chocolate
2 cups of icing sugar, sifted
45g Copha, melted
1 cup coconut
1/4 teaspoon coconut essence
1 egg white
yellow food coloring
15g Copha, extra
1. In a large bowl, combine the icing sugar,coconut, Copha, unbeaten egg white and coconut essence and mix well with a fork.
2. Remove 1/4 cup of mixture into another bowl and add a few drops of food coloring to give an egg yolk mixture.
3. With the remaining mixture, divide into 6 equal parts, roll each into a smooth ball and cut each ball in half. Then make an indentation in each half.
4. Divide the yellow mixture into six equal parts and roll into smooth balls. Place the egg yolk mixture balls into the indentation of each egg white. Press joins gently together and roll until smooth and egg shaped. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
5. Place each on a piece of baking paper on a tray. Then refrigerate for about 30minutes or until slightly firm.
6. Melt carob and extra copha in a heatproof bowl over hot water. Spread about 1/2 tsp of carob mixture underneath each egg and place egg back on baking paper. Coat each egg with carob mixture. Leave to set in the refrigerator.