Today's Sponsored Links
Want A Great Collection Of Mouthwatering Recipes?
Visit our recipes collection page now to grab these great recipes!
Jewish Latkes Recipe
Try Jewish latkes or pancakes with sour cream, or sweet cream and preserves if you prefer them as dessert.
The trick it to make sure the batter stays light and to eat them while they're hot.
6 peeled baking potatoes (Russets or Gems)
1 mild onion
2 tablespoons flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2-3 tablespoons oil, chicken fat, or butter
1. Grate potatoes (use a medium sized grater) and mix thoroughly but lightly with well-chopped onion.
2. Turn into mixing bowl and mix well with egg.
3. Add flour and spices, blending thoroughly.
4. Put one large cooking spoon (about 3 tablespoons) of mixture into a 6 x 8 skillet. Cook till golden brown on both sides.
5. Drain on towel or absorbent paper.
6. Serve hot. Some prefer to add sour cream or preserves.
Serves 4 to 6.
Jewish Latkes Recipe Search Engine
For more Jewish latkes recipes, please copy and paste the recipe keyword phrase Jewish Latkes Recipe into the search box below: